Thursday 3 May 2007

Easter Blog


This is just a quick Blog – cos I can give it up anytime . . .

Wow I got a bit of jolt this morning. Remembering that in a previous blog I had stated that I was not the mother sobbing at the school gates on the first day of school, nor was I the mother miserable with her empty nest etc. . . Ok so Easter Morning lying in bed with cup of coffee – flowers and chockies from husband – excellent – all going really well and no urge to blog.

Enter son who is home from University for Easter. We give him his Easter egg, he gives us ours . . . yum. Then son sits on the bed and it all hits me. This year there has been no mad, Saturday midnight preparation of Easter Egg hunt – to be followed by equally mad far too early in the morning Easter day Easter egg hunt This year we are not as a family all sitting on our bed and giggling and arguing and guzzling chocolate. This afternoon we will not be looking forward to Easter Lunch together. In fact as a family we will not be together at all today. And I confess I am really missing it. Even a bit tearfully . . .hopefully a quick blog will help .Daughter is working today so she and boyfriend can't come and visit us. I have rehearsals tonight – so we can't go and visit them. Busy lives. I don't mind, or begrudge my kids their lives in the slightest – I am delighted and really proud that they are spreading their wings and doing so well. There is a small niggling doubt though – did I enjoy my time enough with the kids when they were growing up – did I treasure every second as fully as I could. Hah of course not – as much as we were a 'happy family' – my wonderful kids drove me nuts on an hourly basis and many was the time I wish they would hurry up and grow up. Well they did and although I am enjoying my new found freedom . . . . I miss them. But wait – one day I will be a grandmother . . . . .possibly not for many years . . . oh but the pranks I can plan . . . . did you know that whoopy cushions make a truly disgusting noise when squashed under water - go on try it, let me know what you think. Plus I have bought a fart machine – which I have tested out on the drama club . . . . oh that was sooooo funny . . . . .there is the laughter machine that reacts to light and laughs hysterically, works best hidden in the fridge and the over sensitive key whistler you can tape under the table . . . and I can feed my grandkids e numbers and send them home hyper, I can teach them to buy joke shop poo and vomit on line . . . . oh so much to look forward to and I will enjoy every last second . . . . . . . .

No comments: